Monday, April 25, 2011

It's been awhile

Ooops I knew I was way behind on my blog posts, but I didn't realize it had been over 2 months! I've been a bit busy. As many of you know, my husband's Dad moved in with us last August. Last October upon visiting my parents in Missouri I knew they needed help too. My Mom has way too big of a job caring for my Dad by herself. I'm worried about her health suffering too much as she cares for him 24-7. So, we decided it was time we moved them in with us too. Our house is not large enough nor does it have bedrooms on the main floor. We will be moving to Missouri next month. We found a place in the same little town our son and his family live in. It is nice and big and has two bedrooms & bathrooms on the main floor for our parents and more bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs for Doug & me. Mom and Dad will be moving about 3 hours away from where they are now, but still in Missouri so my brothers will still be able to visit easily. Doug's Dad is a little nervous about going that far away, but is willing to give it a try. Most everything has gone smoothly except for the fact that our house has not sold. We've been so focused on cleaning, packing & getting the house ready to sell, we haven't done enough to actually get it sold! :)
I'm anxious to start this new adventure but of course nervous about the huge responsibilities I'll be taking on. Mostly excited though. I'm just so glad that Doug's job is one that allows him to move almost anywhere and that we are in a position to do this for our parents. Most people try to be supportive but kind of think we're crazy for taking this on. Well, not crazy yet, anyway! ;) We are not oblivious to the work load and challenges that lie ahead for us. However, we know it's the right thing for us to do so it will all work out just fine. I saw a quote on someones blog once (I can't remember who's) that stuck with me and means even more to me now. "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!" My heart is so full right now. We are so blessed and loved and supported. We have no need to doubt. Thank you to all of our sweet children for the encouragement and support you've given us these past months. Oh how we will miss being near our girls and their families! Oh how thrilled we are to be close to our only Son, our favorite Daughter-In-Law ;) and their two sweet babies. I'm also thrilled that our youngest daughter has the freedom to fly in & out as she pleases, so we'll get to see her often. At least until some lucky young man snaps her up! So, thanks for stopping by. It may be awhile before I am able to add posts on a regular basis so please be patient! The next three weeks will be stuffed with packing, cleaning, visiting our girls, grandkids, sons-in law and friends, then heading out mid-May! Woo Hoo! My next post will probably come to you from Missouri!

No comments:

Post a Comment